So tell me where is my home

Walking by the fence but the house
not there

going to the river but the
river looking spare

bones of the river spread out
everywhere

O tell me this is home

Crossing the bridge but
some planks not there

looking at the shore but only
getting back the glare

dare you trust the river when there’s
no water there

O tell me is this home

Getting into town seeing
nobody I know

folks standing around
nowhere to go

staring into the air like
they saw a show

O tell me was this my home

Come to the railroad no train
on the tracks

switchman in his shanty
with a great big axe

so what happened here so what
are the facts

So tell me where is my home

Adrienne Rich, “Rhyme”, Telephone Ringing in the Labyrinth: Poems 2004 – 2006 (NY: W.W. Norton & Company, 2007) 44 – 45.
Photo: Ed Clark

(Sugestão: Ler o poema ao som desta música...)

5 comentários:

Anónimo disse...

Excelente! :)

Alice Gabriel disse...

;)
Conheces Adrienne Rich?

Anónimo disse...

Não conheço não. Conheço bem é a música, até tenho o cd Dark Was The Night, do Willie. Essa música foi a inspiração do Ry Cooder para a banda sonora do Paris, Texas. Vou pesquisar essa autora.

Alice Gabriel disse...

A Cotovia publicou no ano passado uma antologia bilingue altamente recomendável, intitulada Adrienne Rich: Uma Paciência Selvagem. Ainda que a poesia dela não seja do agrado de vários paladares por ser (muito) assumidamente política, vale (muito) a pena espreitar...

Anónimo disse...

A ver se encontro, obrigado :)

(uncle)